Data centers play an integral role in business and organizational activities. They are vital to the continuity of daily...
Data centers play an integral role in business and organizational activities. They are vital to the continuity of daily operations. The role of data center assets is to centralize the shared IT operations. This helps to store, process, and disseminate data. Any unplanned downtime can significantly lose organizations' finances and reputation. So, it is essential to incorporate prevention methods. A good maintenance strategy can reduce the risk of failure within a data center. It can also reduce unplanned expenses, thereby, extending the lifespan of business-critical infrastructure. To ensure uninterrupted uptime and extended hardware lifespan, a reliable maintenance strategy must include the below given best practices.
Data Center Maintenance Best Practices
Regular, planned, and preventative maintenance is essential for fine-tuning the data center infrastructure. It helps to avoid potential problems before they occur and reduces the unplanned downtime on your business. Let’s look at the best practices that can increase data center uptime and availability.
- Visual Inspection: Ongoing inspection is one of the best practices of a maintenance plan. It includes inspection of operational parameters, air temperature, generator performance, humidity, and more.
- Cleaning: Cleaning is one of the most important parts of a maintenance plan. It protects systems and other equipment of data center infrastructure from common threats. For example, inadequate cooling of data centers can lead to equipment failure. Accumulation of dust and debris can lead to malfunctioning and expensive repairs. Basic cleaning maintenance includes:
- Removal of dust accumulation
- Change of filters
- Cleaning of racks and cabinets
- Testing: Testing critical components and systems of data center infrastructure is important. It ensures they are operating without any downtime. Testing of generators and UPS batteries is critical to prevent system failure.
- Reporting and Monitoring: Reporting, monitoring, and analyzing data center infrastructure is crucial. It helps to identify changes and errors in the equipment. It also identifies the repair and replacement requirements.
- Repairs: Corrective maintenance is one of the best practices of a maintenance strategy. It is important to ensure the reliability of system operations and functionality.
How to Increase Data Center Uptime
Maintaining 100% uptime is not always achievable due to several unplanned reasons. But, there are certain ways to increase data center uptime.
- Detailed planning: Detailed planning is crucial. It reduces unplanned downtime from system failure, natural disasters, equipment malfunction, and more. A plan can help resolve such issues without wasting resources and time.
- Proper system maintenance: Having a maintenance plan can help avoid downtime. It is crucial to schedule and actively perform maintenance audits.
- Expert management: It is vital to plan maintenance services under expert advice. An experienced team knows the details and plans a maintenance strategy accordingly. The services include equipment repairs, cleaning, health checks, and so on. This helps to increase data center uptime.
- Partnering with the right maintenance service provider: Selecting a TPM service is critical. It enables organizations to think out a well-planned data center maintenance strategy. There are several factors to choose TPM service providers:
- Experience: Experience in maintaining data center operations matters the most. TPM providers have years of experience in maintaining data center infrastructure. They can perform tasks like repairing and cleaning to expand the lifespan of the equipment. Before acquiring services from TPM, it is important to check their past experience and the data centers they have served.
- Expertize: TPM providers have a team of experts. These experts can quickly identify issues and restore data center operations without wasting time.
- Customer Service: Reliable customer service greatly helps when emergencies arise. They offer immediate attention and round-the-clock services. They can save you from substantial financial losses. Customer service from a reliable TPM provider can help resolve your queries in no time.
Why Choose TPM and Management Solutions? Why is it needed?
Third-Party Maintenance (TPM) offers a support plan for your data center maintenance. They offer a variety of methods to improve data center uptime. They include daily testing, 24/7 maintenance, and support to upgrade the equipment as needed. Apart from this, maintenance providers offer:
- Better control of your equipment life cycle
- 30-40% reduction in data center maintenance spend
- Flexibility in length of coverage options
- World-class experienced technicians
- No downtime
- 24/7 customer support
- Reduce risk
- Maintenance and warranty support
CXtec is one of the leading service providers with over 40 years of experience. It is the largest network hardware supplier with extensive refurbishment, sourcing, distribution, and maintenance service capabilities. At CXtec, we help global organizations in building and upgrading their technology infrastructures with:
- Hardware Maintenance
- Consistent and Reliable End-to-End Support
- OS Support
- Preventative Maintenance
- Remote Network Monitoring
- Software Patch Management
- Scheduled System Review
You're probably familiar with the network of...
Procurement in IT has evolved from a purely...
Navigating the complex landscape of IT hardware...
Posts by Tag
- Maintenance (17)
- Server (13)
- IT Hardware (11)
- Refurbished (10)
- it assets (9)
- Sustainability (6)
- hardware (6)
- Switches (5)
- Avaya (4)
- Dell Server (4)
- Hardware Failures (4)
- IT Infrastructure (4)
- microchip shortage (4)
- supply chain (4)
- IT Equipment (3)
- cisco (3)
- data center (3)
- network (3)
- Avaya Phones (2)
- HP switch (2)
- Hardware Security (2)
- IP Phones (2)
- ITAD (2)
- cisco router (2)
- decommissioning (2)
- factory reset (2)
- storage (2)
- ACP (1)
- AP (1)
- Access Points (1)
- Aruba (1)
- Avay 9620 (1)
- Avaya 1608 (1)
- Avaya 4600 Series (1)
- Avaya 9600 Series (1)
- Avaya 9608 (1)
- Avaya DHCP (1)
- Cabling (1)
- E-Waste (1)
- IT Contributes (1)
- IT Network (1)
- IT Procurement Services (1)
- IT Vendor (1)
- NETWORKING (1)
- POE (1)
- Safeguard (1)
- Server Maintenance (1)
- esg (1)
- strategy (1)
- urban mining (1)
- used cisco (1)
- used cisco hardware (1)
In efforts to provide an array of valuable...
When it comes to technology in our daily lives...
Almost everyone would agree with the quote above....