Free White Paper: Prepare Your Infrastructure for the Migration to 40/100G Ethernet
With the ratification of new industry standards and increased demands on data center throughput, 40/100G Ethernet will be an integral component of the next generation data center.
In fact, it is already an emerging influence on how organizations plan, build and operate their existing data center architecture. The market proves this: manufacturers are already responding to the increased demand for Ethernet hardware, including cabling products, switches and transceivers.
- Why this shift to 40 and 100G Ethernet is happening
- The factors you need to consider when planning your cabling infrastructure
- Best practices for migrating to 40 and 100G Ethernet
- Next steps for data centers
- Updates to the IEEE 802.3bm standard that offer new options for 100G connector types
- An overview of the 100G SR4 and its loss budget amounts
- Insight into the advent of new proprietary technology in transceivers