By Nathan Hock, CXtec Product Engineer
In a recent post, we described how hybrid maintenance is a smart way to lower operating expenses (OPEX) and maximize your uptime. Theories are really nice and all, but let’s look at how a hybrid maintenance solution could work in a real-world scenario. CXtec recently took part in a project that illustrates the benefits of hybrid support perfectly.
A large organization that sells product worldwide came to us with a problem – OEM service contract costs were causing them to see red. The organization asked for a flexible maintenance program that would keep its factory networks up and running, yet save them considerable OPEX budget. Our team wanted to learn as much as we could about this organization’s needs, so we:
- White Paper: The Value of a Hybrid Support Strategy
In the end, this organization saved a significant amount of money by blending OEM maintenance contracts along with CXtec’s RapidCare NBD hardware replacement. Doing this in parallel with a strong spares program to reduce turnaround time left the organization pleased and in a good position to minimize their risk of downtime.
A Hybrid support solution is simply a smart way to right-size your coverage. You get customized support that works for your needs.
To learn more about the definition of third-party maintenance and hybrid support, watch our informative podcast Third-Party Maintenance and the Value of a Hybrid Support Solution.
You can also view chapters of the podcast at the links below:
- Hybrid Support Options - 2:42
- The Advantages of Third-Party Maintenance (TPM) - 3:40
- The Benefits of Asset Sweating - Extending Useful Life - 2:08
- Hybrid Support Considerations - 2:21
- Simplifying the Hardware Support Model - 2:36
- Hybrid Support Case Studies - 3:04
- Three Key Components of Hybrid Support - 2:08
Interested in delving even further into the concepts of hybrid support and TPM? Download your free guide, The Value of a Hybrid Support Strategy, here.
- What is third-party maintenance? - Find out the definition of third-party maintenance.
- 5 Advantages of Using Third-Party Maintenance Instead of OEM Services - Learn the benefits of TPM over OEM here.
- A hybrid support solution can make you the next Avenger - Ready to be a superhero? Check it out here.
- How to avoid spending too much on hardware maintenance - Stop spending so much! Learn a better way here.
- Cisco SMARTnet alternative - Yes, there are alternatives to OEM support. Find out more about it here.
- A look at alternatives to Cisco SMARTnet - Understand the pros and cons between Cisco and the alternatives. Click here.
- Three quotes that prove Mr. Spock would love CXtec's RapidCare - Yes, even Spock knows third-party maintenance is just plain logical. Read his quotes here.