There are people out there who are searching for an alternative to Cisco SMARTnet. Why? Is there something wrong with Cisco SMARTnet? No. Not at all. However, Cisco SMARTnet has the same problem all products and services have. No single product can be everything to everybody.
Imagine you have Cisco switches that are working just fine. They are serving your needs perfectly. Then Cisco deems those products end-of-life (EoL) and end-of-sale (EoS) so that they can continue servicing a growing product line. This is a problem for your infrastructure.
You're still using your Cisco switches. So how can you protect yourself from unforeseen hardware failures and downtime?
Looking further at the scenario above, one can see how the Cisco SMARTnet alternative should work. Picture this, you are a person who has Cisco switches that have been in service a while and are deemed EoL or EoS and Cisco is telling you that you can no longer get SMARTnet coverage.
You still have options! There are programs, like RapidCare® hardware replacement services, that offer alternatives to people in the situation above. Cisco SMARTnet alternatives like RapidCare offer great protection against equipment failure and downtime by providing next-business-day network hardware replacement services for the products Cisco no longer services.
What's more, you will pay only a fraction of the price. So you get up to 50% off what you would expect to pay with SMARTnet.
Now you have a solution that will:
This will be huge as we continue to operate in a time of economic uncertainty. And although we'd all like to see the economy improve, there is a distinct possibility it will get worse before it gets better. This makes Cisco SMARTnet alternatives a valuable tool in your IT toolbox, especially if you find yourself in the situation where you need to do more with less.
To learn more about the definition of third-party maintenance and hybrid support, watch our informative podcast Third-Party Maintenance and the Value of a Hybrid Support Solution.
You can also view chapters of the podcast at the links below:
- Hybrid Support Options - 2:42
- The Advantages of Third-Party Maintenance (TPM) - 3:40
- The Benefits of Asset Sweating - Extending Useful Life - 2:08
- Hybrid Support Considerations - 2:21
- Simplifying the Hardware Support Model - 2:36
- Hybrid Support Case Studies - 3:04
- Three Key Components of Hybrid Support - 2:08
Interested in delving even further into the concepts of hybrid support and TPM? Download your free guide, The Value of a Hybrid Support Strategy, here.
- What is third-party maintenance? - Find out the definition of third-party maintenance.
- 5 Advantages of Using Third-Party Maintenance Instead of OEM Services - Learn the benefits of TPM over OEM here.
- How much could a hybrid maintenance solution save you? - Learn more here.
- A hybrid support solution can make you the next Avenger - Ready to be a superhero? Check it out here.
- How to avoid spending too much on hardware maintenance - Stop spending so much! Learn a better way here.
- A look at alternatives to Cisco SMARTnet - Understand the pros and cons between Cisco and the alternatives. Click here.
- Three quotes that prove Mr. Spock would love CXtec's RapidCare - Yes, even Spock knows third-party maintenance is just plain logical. Read his quotes here.