The technicians who perform our equal2new® certification process are highly trained, and know how to spot counterfeit Cisco products. We take a very serious stance on the issue of authenticity assurance, and have established a counterfeit abatement program which includes numerous protective measures:
- GBICs are the most highly counterfeited product, as they have no patents or trademarks. We only sell Cisco compatible GBICs that are sourced through authorized Cisco distributors.
- We restrict the source of used Cisco product to actual end-user take-outs, trade members (who are bound by a code of conduct inclusive of stringent anti-counterfeit policies) or companies who sign a document with specific authenticity guarantees.
- Due to our experience that counterfeit trade is proliferated on online auction sites, we do not source Cisco equipment through these auction sites.
- Each of our certified technicians receives continuous training on counterfeit identification.
- Counterfeit abatement manuals are regularly updated and kept at our technicians' testing stations, along with high-resolution monitors for chip and component comparison down to the solder joints.
- Any suspect product will not make it through our production process - product is immediately quarantined and notes are recorded in the barcode capture screen of our supply chain software.
Each Cisco VoIP phone is verified within our internal lab environment to have a matching MAC address physically on the unit and internally once the unit is fully connected to our CUCM using a decoding linear imager.